Photo by Marisa Wojcik
What you will find at Just Local Food Co-op
- Food with authenticity and integrity. Read more about our departments here.
- Food your grandparents and great grandparents would recognize. No high fructose corn syrup. No GMOs. No ingredients with long names you can’t pronounce.
- Convenience foods that promote health.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff.
- A store that meets your needs; healthy, unhealthy, vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, soda drinker, junk food lover.
- The best prices for organic produce, meat and dairy in town. Our bi-weekly sales flyer makes it easy to eat delicious local & organic foods on a budget.
In addition to the Seven Cooperative Principles, we operate under the following Guiding Definitions:
- Accessibility – The right to access fairly priced and nutritious products.
- Local -When possible, we source products produced in the state of Wisconsin; ideally within 100 miles of Eau Claire. We also give preference to items of superior quality from the Midwest region.
- Organic – Products that meet the National Organic Standards Board criteria of organic practices.
- Natural – Products that are minimally processed and free of unnecessary additives.
- Sustainable – Products produced and packaged in a manner that has minimal negative impact and offers nutritive benefits to the environment, community and consumers that support its production.
- Humane – Products produced with consideration for kinder and more responsible animal practices.
- Fair Trade – Commitment to a food system in which farmers, workers, and producers are valued and compensated fairly at each step of the supply chain.