The Board of Directors of Just Local Food Cooperative in Eau Claire, Wisconsin seeks a full-time General Manager. Just Local Food is a small full service natural foods grocery store that seeks to strengthen its business through a major expansion project. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors, and manages store operations, supervises department managers, and improves systems that ensure highest customer service. The Board of Directors uses Policy Governance to direct and hold store management to specific end goals.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Grocery retail management experience
• Familiarity with and commitment to natural foods and cooperatives
• Supervisory experience—hiring, evaluating, firing.
• Team-building– track record of developing an effective management team
• Excellent communications skills—written and verbal
• Experience in operating, capital, and cash budgeting
• Experience in marketing and/or merchandising in highly competitive markets
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands at the same time
• Ability to interpret financial statements to laypeople
• Computer/technology literacy
• Ability to track progress and create reports of multiple aspects of a full year’s work
• Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
Experience serving on or working with a Board of Directors is a plus.
The position is salaried, with the potential for an increase once the expansion is successfully completed.
Please send a cover letter, three professional references, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.